BuddhaName.org is an Online Zendo; and is home to the Awakened Heart Community and Buddhaheart Fellowship of Tasmania. We practice Nien-Fo Ch’an (unified Ch’an “Zen” and Pure Land Buddhism), and have a particular focus on community service.
Buddhaheart Fellowship is affiliated with CloudWater Zendo, the Zen Centre of Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.A.
BuddhaName is a term used to refer to the ancient practice of Buddha-Name Recitation. This vocalized meditative practice is the concentrated and heartfelt repetitive recitation of the Buddha Amitabha’s name. This recitation of the Buddha-Name flows from our mind and heart like waves continually washing ashore. In this way, ultimately our ignorance and karmic defilements are gradually worn away, enabling us to become one with Boundless Compassion and Wisdom.
*Note: from May 15th to August 13th, due to the annual Ch’an (Zen) Rains Retreat, the group schedule will be as follows:
- Rains Retreat Ch’an Intensives on Zoom: Sundays at 10:00 a.m. (AEST). Each 90 minute session will be held in silence. To receive a Zoom link, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Online class schedule is as follows:
- Zen Meditation: Tuesdays at 7:00 p.m. (AEST). Inquiries & bookings – email: email@example.com (Postponed).
- Day of Healing: Sundays at 10:00 a.m. (AEST). Dharma teachings and various forms of Meditation practice to help people in their everyday lives. Inquiries & bookings – email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Postponed).
- Zen Walks: last Saturday of the month. An opportunity to practice walking meditation in a group setting, utilizing various parks and gardens around Ulverstone, Devonport and Burnie. All are welcome. Inquiries, Email: email@example.com (During the Rains Retreat all group walks will be done in silence).
- Sangha Walking Retreats: held at different locations. An opportunity to participate in 1-day walks; and weekend camping trips in Tasmania’s natural places. Participants also learn about the Buddha’s teachings from our Spiritual Director Ven. Shih Jingang. Car pooling is encouraged. Inquiries and bookings are essential. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Postponed).
For further inquiries about regular classes and upcoming events, please go to our “Regular Activities” or “Events Schedule” pages and use the contact form, or email us at: email@example.com
TO CONTACT US-
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook: Awakened Heart Community of Tasmania; and Buddhaheart Fellowship
Copyright © 2013-2023 Venerable Shih Jingang. All rights reserved. Contents of this site may be freely copied for non-commercial purposes.